The primary mission of Wayne Academy is to provide a challenging and stimulating curriculum, especially for the college-bound student, in a positive school environment and in a Christian atmosphere, thereby maximizing the mental, social, physical, emotional and spiritual development of each student.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION
Wayne Academy is accredited by the Midsouth Association of Independent Schools (MAIS), and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)/AdvancEd.
SYSTEM OF BELIEFS
Wayne Academy believes in these guiding principles:
- Student learning in a Christian environment is the chief priority of the school.
- The commitment to continuous improvement of student learning is expected of all administrators, teachers, students, patrons and members of the community to enable each child to become a confident and self-motivated life-long learner.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students need to develop not only knowledge and skills, but also the capacity to reason, solve problems and to produce quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Every effort will be made to provide students with a variety of learning activities that engage the different styles of learning.
- A student's self-worth is enriched through positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment will promote student learning.
- Extracurricular activities provide positive opportunities for the individual to develop a sense of self and purpose.
- All students can learn provided they have the willingness and intellectual capacity to succeed in the college-prepatory curriculum.
For information about enrollment in K-5 through senior high school, please contact our school office at 601-735-2921. For details about our day care outreach, call 601-735-1249. You can also email us for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.