The primary mission of Wayne Academy is to provide a challenging and stimulating curriculum, especially for the college-bound student, in a positive school environment and in a Christian atmosphere, thereby maximizing the mental, social, physical, emotional and spiritual development of each student.
SYSTEM OF BELIEFS
Wayne Academy believes in these guiding principles:
- Student learning in a Christian environment is the chief priority of the school.
- The commitment to continuous improvement of student learning is expected of all administrators, teachers, students, patrons and members of the community to enable each child to become a confident and self-motivated life-long learner.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students need to develop not only knowledge and skills, but also the capacity to reason, solve problems and to produce quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Every effort will be made to provide students with a variety of learning activities that engage the different styles of learning.
- A student's self-worth is enriched through positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment will promote student learning.
- Extracurricular activities provide positive opportunities for the individual to develop a sense of self and purpose.
- All students can learn provided they have the willingness and intellectual capacity to succeed in the college-prepatory curriculum.
For information about enrollment in K-5 through senior high school, please contact our school office at 601-735-2921. For details about our day care outreach, call 601-735-1249. You can also email us for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.